Morning everyone! So today I thought Id share with you my own chicken pie recipe and if your not up to the whole making your own pastry then you can buy the pre made stuff from the supermarket, I use this and its awesome. I wanted to share with you something that is a huge hit in our house and is super quick to make – it doesn’t look amazing presentation wise but I wanted to show you realistically what I could do in 30 minutes, so here it is.
What you will need:
- One Egg
- Packet of chicken I use about 400 grams – chopped into cubes
- Chicken stock – I use Knorr Stock pots x 2
- Jus Rol puff pastry
- One onion
- Smokey bacon – Few rashers
- Handful of mushrooms
- Single Cream
- Pre heat the oven to around 180 Degrees (Fan)
- Fry off your chicken and add your chopped bacon, onions and mushrooms.
- Make up your stock – the less water you use the thicker the consistency.
- Add stock and around 50 ml of Single cream and stir. This is just an estimate as I just add cream until its the right consistency for me.
- Use your egg wash and brush around the pie dish and the edges to stop the pastry from sticking.
- Once cooked through place into your pie dish/dishes and let it cool.
- Once cooled, add your pastry to the top add some little twists to the edges to make it look fancy if you have the time, cover with egg wash and throw into the oven on around 180 for about 15 – 20 minutes or until golden.