So easter is fast approaching and one of my absolute favourite things to eat at this time of year is a good old Crème egg. My thighs don’t thank me for it but a girls got to do what a girls go to do. If you know what I mean?
If you fancy trying one of these delicious treats here is what you will need.
- 110g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g/4oz self-raising flour
- 1-2 tbsp milk
For the buttercream icing
- 140g/5oz butter, softened
- 280g/10oz icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Crème egg minis
- maple syrup
- chocolate any kind I used Cadbury dairy milk
(For the buttercream add the icing sugar milk and butter to a bowl and mix until it becomes a thick consistency, its that easy).
My method is easy –
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (Fan assisted) do this whilst your faffing around measuring things.
- Put your mini crème eggs in the freezer.
- I put all my ingredients in a bowl and mix mix mix, I know people say separate this first and whisk that but my cakes have always turned out beautifully doing it my own way!.
- Once the batter is prepared separate into your cake cases, I used 12 and I had no cake batter left over after .
- Put into the oven for around 15 – 20 minutes until golden.
- Let them cool on a wire rack.
- Whilst they are cooling take the crème eggs out of the freezer and cut in half.
- Melt some chocolate.
- I then piped my buttercream onto my cakes, followed by half a mini crème egg a drizzle of chocolate and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Then Eat, oh yeah and enjoy!
Your welcome x x x