So are there any other parents out there who look at themselves in the mirror every day, or actually stop for a minute and listen to the sound of their own voices only to realise you have actually become your mum/dad.
Until i became a mum i didn’t realise how much like my own mum i am and although admittedly i drove my mum round the bend when i was little im finding my own traits starting to embed into my own daughter.
To be honest i have never changed, i was hyperactive, loud, chatty and just down right crazy as a child and im still the same now. I actually know how my mum felt though when i was younger as im currently on the receiving end now with my little one.
Here’s a list of things my mum used to say to me that i absolutely hated with a passion but regularly find myself also saying now to my own daughter.
- Come on love, eat all your crusts and your hair will go curly.
- If i have to ask you one more time, i’m going to go absolutely mad.
- You best start listening to me, things have got to change.
- You buy cheap you buy twice…..this is so so true.
- Put a smidge of butter on it and the bruise will go away.
- Come on , up the apples and pears its time for bed
- your birthday isn’t for another 11 months, you have just had a birthday!
- Get your fingers off my makeup.
- No you cant have cake for breakfast.
- You cant wear that for school.
- You will break your neck in them shoes.
- Stop winging, if the wind changes your face will stick like that.
- Please please please just do as your told and dont be so argumentative.
So, there you have it, im officially morphing into my mother and my child morphing into me. Paybacks a bitch!
Thanks for reading! x